Skunked on first night trip :(

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by nralover, May 20, 2007.

1. nralover

nralover New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    No cats for me and the wife last night. Oh well, maybe we were doing something wrong. Better luck next time hopefully...

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    well being outside and getting a line wet is half the fun. i think so. thats a good size brim in your picture.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Maybe they will be biteing next time.

4. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    We went Friday night put out 15 jugs and 6 poles in
    Fished all night and half of Sat. grand total 1 snaper,1 soft shell, 2 huge GAr, one drum.
    Just not biting never have done good when then river is going down maybe next time. But it was nice to get away and enjoy the outdoors.
    loop

5. langstaff

langstaff New Member

State:
    tennessee
    At least your wife will go with you!!!!!!!!!!!

6. nralover

nralover New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    Yes, I am admittedly spoiled. She fishes, goes deer hunting, target shooting, even reloads ammo. Not to mention she is a good cook, and loves a good action movie. I have no complaints:)

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Don't feel bad...got skunked Friday night as well.

The temps dropped to just below 50 that night (was in the 70's all week). It was windy too, and the water was choppy. Not a bite. Just how it goes sometimes.

8. jlangford

jlangford New Member

State:
    texas
    Don't feel too bad, if you look up "skunked" in the dictionary you will see my picture. I didn't even know my clickers worked until a large beaver tangled up my line and took off. He was about 1/2 inch too short too.

9. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    yeah got skunked too Friday, but had too good runs and two :angry: Line break's!!!!!

10. laddybug38663

laddybug38663 New Member

State:
    ms.
    we got skunked to thursday night the wind was just so strong got a few nibbles and one line break thats all

11. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    My last trip, was last Sunday. 2 poles were set for catfish and 1 I had a jig on. Caught 2 sandbass and that was it. Not quite a skunk, but sure wasnt what I was hoping for.

12. MON RIVER RAT

MON RIVER RAT New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Don't feel bad it happens to everyone sooner or later. Next time you probably won't be able to keep your poles in the water. Good luck.