Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom is visiting and I took her down to where people catch flatheads. I didn't have any bait so my expectations were not high. I closed the truck door on my finger before I left the house....never did that before.....anyway that set the tone for the trip. I took several rods, a couple for the bank rod holders , my flathead rod....from catfish safari.....and a little rod to catch the live bait...I didn't catch any live bait.....so I didn't catch any flatheads. I did catch a very nice full spare tire...floating by me....I mean nice. I also caught a lure in a tree and when I pulled the line it snapped back and hit the very finger that I closed the truck door on. It has a blood blister type lash about 1/2"....
There you have it...
I'm going to invest in a fishing cart, I think the place I fish from is super cool and I can't wait to go back:Happy:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My mom is visiting and I took her down to where people catch flatheads. I didn't have any bait so my expectations were not high. I closed the truck door on my finger before I left the house....never did that before.....anyway that set the tone for the trip. I took several rods, a couple for the bank rod holders , my flathead rod....from catfish safari.....and a little rod to catch the live bait...I didn't catch any live bait.....so I didn't catch any flatheads. I did catch a very nice full spare tire...floating by me....I mean nice. I also caught a lure in a tree and when I pulled the line it snapped back and hit the very finger that I closed the truck door on. It has a blood blister type lash about 1/2"....
There you have it...
I'm going to invest in a fishing cart, I think the place I fish from is super cool and I can't wait to go back:Happy:
memories man. lol good times and good stories. i have had them kinda trips. part of fishn i suppose.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well I'm glad to hear that. I laid around the house all afternoon and ALMOST talked myself into going fishing. I thought about going to Pipeline or Pony Pasture to catch bluegills (I know it's too early to catch flatheads). But instead I laid around and read, watched the race and the Celtics, napped, and drank a couple of gins and tonic. Sounds like I made the right decision (or at least I'll tell myself that). I'll probalby get out one day this coming week.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve later in the week the river might get high, I tend to like to go when the river is about 4.5" at the westham gauge. Yesterday it was 5" not bad but the current is to strong to wade out to the deep holes. I had my life jacket on and could cast to the hole but I didn't have any blue gills. Almost landed a channel though. I'll be going down alot this summer and I can't wait.
see you there

·
Registered
357 Posts
too early to catch flatheads !!!!! WHAT ???? Yall aint that far north from me... I have been catching flatheads like its going out of style.. Live shinners or cut shad... But the bite is on early in the morn around 4:30am to 6:00am.... So rise and shine...

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
yeah the flatties are biting, i've caught over 10 since January. friday night 20+LBer was the biggest so far this year. But then again you guys are wading so I dont know if that kinda fishing is in yet. 80% of mine have come in 40-50', the others in the hot water or barge pitts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.