Skunked--at South Bay, but a beautiful day!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by splitshot, Apr 12, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Wend. 4-10 went to south bay yesterday, sunny no wind with a steady barometer, temp 45. A beautiful day just to be outside, a lot of ice still on the bay but my favorite spot was open. I fished with herring, perch, and chicken liver. Around sunset i had a small run on a herring head, of course he dropped it before i could pick up my pole. Then around 9:00 pm had a small hit on the chicken liver. Im guessing the water temps are still in the low 40s. Did get to see a Bald eagle doing some fishing earlier he wasnt doing to well either, what a awesome bird!!! The geese are flying north by athe thousands, and the ducks are everywhere. All in all just nice to be out there Watching mother nature wake up and strech. Had a good fire going and plenty of hot coffee, Just wish id had someone to share it with. Woke up this morning to 3 in. of heavy wet snow---will it ever end??

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    You didn't have much luck fishing, but it sounds like you had fun anyway.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Sounds like a quiet peaceful time you had. Seeing a bald eagle in its natural habitat must have been an awesome experience. You'll get the fish next time.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hang in there Steve! Sooner or later it's going to warm up and the fishing will also!:crazy: This weather is just terrible!

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I heard yesterday that this is the coldest April weave had in 113 years.:crazy:

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Steve,

Glad you enjoyed watchin nature's Spring-stretch, even though the fish weren't cooperatin! It'll get better... just really slow arriving this year. Today they're up snaggin spoonbills near our house... pouring down rain and just 41 degrees. We're all ready for a "normal" season! :smile2:
    Oh, I was wonderin... do you ever use circle hooks so you don't have to worry about settin it? I like havin to set the hook, but with more than one line in, it's good to have at least one that's pretty much self-maintaining.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Steve,
    I'd loved to have been there drinkin coffee around the fire,BS'in and havin a good ol time. One day Buddy,one day!!! I promise!

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    As a matter of fact i do, but he dropped the bait before the rod loaded up. Were only allowed two poles and i always have one of them rigged with a circle hook.:smile2:

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I will hold ya to that promise Buddy!!!!:big_smile:

10. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Going out tomorrow, north of the Caughdnoy Dam. Funny you should say something about the Eagle....I saw one last week at in Brewerton on Onieda Lake, and, my dad had one in the pines behind his house two days later. Almost unheard of in this area. Maybe their making a comeback. Coffee and a fire sounds great, hang in there they'll be biting soon. Although they're forcasting a Noreaster for my area and predicting 6-12" starting Sunday. Gonna beat feat out tomorrow and hope I get lucky.

Rich

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good luck fishing Rich!! Let me know how the fishing was.