Skunked At Lock C

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Peanut ridge Kid, May 27, 2007.

1. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hello Everyone,
    \
    It's Me Peanut and my fishing buddy James(my son). We got skunked all weekend At Lock C. Between the campers and the drunks nothing was biting. We used everything from Shad to Skips and bluegills. Nothing, I don't know if the water is to hot or them there non-fishing types are keeping the fish from biting but they dang sure ain't munching nothing. Well we are going to try again in the morning. Hope someone else had better luck.

2. Crazy_Cooter

Crazy_Cooter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know what you mean. I fished all weekend and only ended up with 3 fish. If it was a drum catchin contest, I think I would have won hands down. I think It has something to do with the current being slow. The 3 that I did catch were caught in choked down areas of the river where there was a little current.

I launch at trice landing in clarksville, and fish anywhere within 10 miles of the dock. Usually it's pretty good, but this past weekend has really got me second guessing myself

3. Peanut ridge Kid

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey i know what you mean, It made me wonder if I have forgot how to fish. This past weekend would have been good for a drum fishing contest. Me and Son went back out monday morning an we caught a mess of the red ears but not one catfish. After some thinking and talking to the fishing guru( My dad) he told me that the cats should be in there spawn. He went this weekend in Alabama(lake Eufala) and he could not get no Whisker Bites down there. We are going to keep trying. Let me know if you have any luck.:big_smile:

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    The water temps were around 81 degrees at the lake I tried on memorial day. Not a single cat. I don't know why I even tried it. I've never seen so many pontoon boats, water skiers and PWC's in my life. I was marking fish like crazy, but they wouldn't touch anything. I'm not sure if the spawn has something to do with it too though. I'd think once the water hits 81 the spawn would be over, but I'm kind of new to catfishing these parts.

5. Peanut ridge Kid

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't understand this water temp stuff and thank god for BOC. Because with these guys I would not know as much as I do about Cat Huntin. Is there any Post on this board that explaines Water temp vs Fishing. Me and my boys just try to keep it simple. I hope some can point me in the right direction.:lol:

6. Wade Patton

Wade Patton New Member

State:
    Woodbury, TN
    Jon, I'm in your neighborhood. Can't send PM until I have one more post after this. Posted my numbers in another thread. Poker game called off tonight...

When the fish ain't biting. Get in the water and stick your hand in the hidey holes. :eek:oooh: Now you're FISHing!:wink:

Water was warm, bite was slow Monday 18 June, but I did prove my new spot to hold Flatties. If I get to go again, I'll not setup before midnight. Too much traffic and casual fishing action there. Not that there's anything wrong with casual fishing---just stinks when they're mucking up your hole.

Hey Jon, Flats and Blues thrive in Normandy. Axe me how I know.:cool2: