SKUNKED at Bartlett last night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BubbaCat, Oct 4, 2009.

1. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    2 hr. delay on I 17 put us at Bartlet at sun down . caught very small blue gills . 1st time on the lake. went passed big rock in the channel .fished east shore windy, overcast, ( goose egg):sad2: The cooler a.k.a snagged2 caught a 6lb and 9lb.:big_smile:

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post.... bummer about the delay on the I-17....So was it a "frontal problem".... did you try some cut bait ?

3. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    man that sucks. i hate delays on the 17. but hopefully it not a sign 4 things next week. sure hope u come out next week. between the 20 of us some1 will catch something big

4. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    went out last night to the lower salt arrived about 8:30 p.m left this morning at 6:30 am without a sngle bite. the weather did turn on us, wind picked up pretty good and the moon was very bright.

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    It's too bad on not catching any flats. Personally I avoid the FULL MOON at all cost.

6. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Was the big rock in a no wake zone?Did u go all the way thur the no wake zone? It was cold to me last weekend but wasn't windy.I hope u have better luck next time out:big_smile:

7. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    lesson learned. thanks bro

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yes, went to Bartlett last night w/ Bubbacat,,
    Very interesting weather, after the mentioned I-17 fiasco,, Don't those construction guys know we're goin' Fishin ?!?!?

Got set in late, and one good thing about the moon, was, it allowed some nightime navigation, for my otherwise dark boat..

Found, a spot, and caught a couple, and ,,, had to be a Monster, got away,, after sawing my line on some rocks for awhile!! Oh, well.

We did enjoy the lake, Was the first time on the lake for Nannycat and Me..She was tearing up the bluegills..!!

Attached Files:

9. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Greg,
    Congrats on the catch, glad to hear you are getting on the water. I will be out of the area for about 3 weeks, we'll get together this fall to catch'em. Lonny and I have caught a few but nothing to write about, Later!

10. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I had to try out the wife's brand new 2 pole stamp !:big_smile:

11. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yea' do you guys call that ship rock?that no wake zone doen't seem to end. it was warm last night never really got cold. the full moon was coverd up 60% of the time. learned a lot on that trip I shall return!:big_smile:

12. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    :smile2: It dose u have to keep on going. I like to fish on the other side of it up the river. Fishing in the wind is better than not fishing at all.:smile2:.maybe not much.

13. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Nice pic thanks for sharing

14. manofewords

manofewords New Member

State:
    arizona
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Dave, I was out there at Bartlett last night and I too was skunked. I think they are fasting right now and for the rest of the week until next friday and they will eat with a vengeance! I did have one run just before sunrise but I yanked it out of his mouth. Felt like a good one too.

15. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    u must be freds bro nice 2 c u on here charlie.

16. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    - arrr matey you ready for friday?:smile2:

17. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    oh hell yeah fred. is ur bro comin out 2? its gonna be good times this weekend. i realy hope skunko comes out and chases p^$$y wit us:smile2:here kitty kitty kitty

18. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yep he will be there with grandson in tow. He took grandson out 10/3 first fishing trip and the kid loves it! Looks like Grandpa has a new fishing buddy! Great kid and this is the best thing in the world you can do for a child. p.s. Grand son (manny) caught his first fish a bass and grandpa cooked it up for lunch. Mannys response- when are we going again grandpa!

19. Chalk Saunders

Chalk Saunders New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I was skunked at Bartlett Friday night myself Dave. By the time I made through Fann's paving job and down to the lake it was 7:00pm. Caught 4 nice carp but still didn't get a single run. I have gone down there almost every weekend and this was the first time this year I have come up empty. Maybe Bartlett was mad at us Camp Verde boys.:wink:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  20. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey,,
    All the new members here--Under 50 posts,, Just on this thread!!!

There's a bunch,,,

Welcome, to the BOC,, Glad to have you..!!!!! Enjoy, have fun..Go fishin'!!