Skunked at badin again

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gearhead, Oct 9, 2006.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    fished at badin the last two saturday nights with bluegill and crappie heads ,sonnys blood dip, 5 to 6 nightcrawlers on one hook .got skunked both times can't seem to find any catfish .is not having any shad for bait my problem?

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well it sounds like its time to go back to tillery....lol. i think the water is still down at tillery but really dont know. i fished badin 2 sundays ago and we got 1 small flat,a decent blue and a few channels but the bite was real slow for us too. we had it all for bait shad, herring,and bream. what fish we caught was out of deep water. so maybe you need to try going to deeper water. i did see a few bank fisherman at the dam that had 2-3 channels. as for this weekend i think the weather was just too bad for good fishing. thats one thing you really need to look at when fishing badin is the weather. the flats dont like the rainy weather and the blues like blue bird days for me anyways. ne winds are bad too. and then when everything seems right , well thats bad too......lol. you never know for sure. hold your head because you are not the only one at badin with bad luck. thanks for the report.