Skunked and wet

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    We launched about 6:30 PM yesterday at Point Pleasant (in the rain) and decided to fish a couple hours about 6 miles up the Ohio. We anchored (In the rain) and fished there till about 8:30. No luck, not even a bite. Pulled anchor (in the rain) and headed back down river (in the rain) and anchored just below the Gallipolis park and anchored (in the rain). About dark it stopped raining and we watched the fireworks. I had 2 runs and my buddy had a couple . They would run for a very short way and drop it. Had no hook ups. Around 11;30 we upped anchor and headed to a spot about 6 miles up the Kananawh. By this time it had started raining again. Fished the Kanawah till after 2:00Am and only a couple short runs.
    Got wet and caught no fish but it still beat working or setting home.
    As we were going up the ohio after the fireworks we came face to face with some idiot in a kyack (spelling) Here it is dark,raining , boats everywhere and poor visibility and this idiot is out in middle of all this in a Kyack without any kind of light. Makes me wonder what that guy really uses the space between his ears for.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats the way it goes man. We all hate getting skunked, but its part of it. I was working earlier this month in Gallopolis. Nice looking water down there. The park is really nice also. Might make a trip down there this summer to try some fishing.. Goodluck.....rollo

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Jason, anytime you are in this area you are welcome to fish with me if you want. My regular fishing buddy lives in Columbus, so I have to fish a lot by myself. So I always welcome company.

4. richard84

richard84 New Member

State:
    ky
    i hate those kinds of nights but the good nights always make up for the bad ones

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure hate the skunked nights for sure. Got soaked myself last night all tho I did catch a few decent channels.