Skunked Again!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by mazdabob, Aug 15, 2007.

1. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Went out the last two nights to Lake Manawa and have been skunked once again, not even a bite:embarassed: Thought i was getting some bites last night until the big softshell turtle that was stealing my bait finally got himself tangled up in the treble hook ( I was using blood bait).
    Gonna go up to the Hwy. 30 bridge over the Missouri (thanks for the info on the spot kingneck76) tonight and see if my luck dont change. I'll be using crawlers, cut shad, and blood bait.

2. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Your not the only one we went out again last night and heck dam bait fish (gills) were stingy in there biting. Gotta cool off sooner or later!!:tounge_out:

3. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Went out again last night, this time on the Mo up by Blair.... and once again skunked!! I did actually get some good bites this time though.

Weather is really cooling down now, so hopefully that will help.

4. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Finally broke the skunking last night down at Manawa. Got a nice 4lb channel off the point of Boy Scout Island on Charlie's Blood B dough bait. Only got the one, but one is better none!:wink: Gonna be heading out on the river tonight with Zach (fishinjunky) so hopefully my luck will continue.

Attached Files:

5. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for sharing photo

6. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
  7. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sure would be nice to fill a stringer soon the freezer is about empty.

8. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I know we are all gettin disappointed with the low catches. But the best is yet to come!!! As the water cools in coming weeks the fish will go on a frenzy!!! Then look out!!!:big_smile:

9. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Got me another kittyfish... a real nice 10lb channel. Caught off of redhorse sucker in a nice deep 40ft hole in the Missouri. It was our only fish of the night, but it was a great fish. CPR'ed the ole boy.

Attached Files:

10. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Nice fish, but it sure is slow fishing around here!

11. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    forgot to mention, that fish is my PB!!
    Yeap it was pretty slow last night. I caught that fish within the first 20 min. of us anchoring at our first spot then only bites and a fish running zachs rig into a snag and getting off.
    The fact we lost the anchor at the first spot also kind of limited us to where we could fish for the rest of the night.

12. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Don't 'ya just hate anchors. I lost one in the Big Sioux river and got a ways off before we realized it was still in the water where we had been anchored. We went back and shined the light on the water for about a minute and up comes a rope rolls a bit and back down, comes back up rolls around and back down, I grabbed it on the third time up and saved that anchor. On another trip we were about 2 miles up river heading for the ramp and the brother in law was complaining that his motor was shot, he needed a new one, this one had no power. We got back to the boat ramp and the way we "land" is I throw the anchor as far on shore as I can, jump out and pull the boat up on shore so he can get out to get his truck. And, I did just that, I threw the anchor up on shore AFTER I pulled it out of the river. I had forgot to bring it in from when we were fishing a couple miles up river. He never saw this but I told him when he started threatening to buy a new motor. :embarrassed:

13. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bee you have to get out in water first!!!!:eek:oooh:

14. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa

Congrats on Pb buddy!!!:big_smile:

15. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Reel nice fish Bob. Always good to get the skunk off ya, ain't it?