Skunked again

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by grizzly, Sep 6, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Went to the White River and fished for about 4 hours and not a nibble. Fished a deep hole I've never fished before, 65 feet deep with old stinky striper fillets, live goldfish, and Docs dip bait. I guess I'll wait for a rain and fish the road ditches. grizzly

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sorry That You Had A Bad Evening,hope The Fishing Gets Better For You

3. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Grizzly, maybe the Cache is where we need to be. I was out there Saturday scouting for squirrels and deer while bass and panfishing for a change. I put in on Hwy 70 at Biscoe and went downstream. There's a small dock a little ways down on the right with a camper on the bank where a husband/wife have been camping and running trotlines. She said he caught over 100 lbs on Thursday on the lines and she had been doing pretty good pole fishing. I met another guy at the same ramp on Sunday that's been going upstream where the bayou runs in, and he's been doing real good pole fishing up there with goldfish and Doc's. Sunday we toured a pretty good ways past the power lines downstream before running into a hopeless log jam that turned us back around. Anyhow, those are the best reports I've heard around those parts in a good while. Another friend of mine you may know, Billie McCallie, caught 2 nice flathead (30# and 40#)last Wednesday on the White trotlining with goldfish.
    This weekend we're going to Tichnor to try out luck out on the Mississippi where there's at least a little flow.
    Good luck!

4. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    grizzly it will get better. i had several bad days in a row back in aug. it was so hot i finally quit for a while.went last two sat. first looking for holes to fish and last sat. went and caught 9 nothing big but had lots of fun. i have become a real beleiver indk punch bait. people around me were using shad and not catching an cats some stripers and drum but no cats.soon they were over seeing what i was using.i gave some to them and soon they were getting fish. that stuff really works.like i said nothing over 3 lbs but most were over 2. lol boiver

5. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    grizzly,dont feal bad your not the only one.i've used docs,dk,wicked sticky and more stink bait but the best i found for where we fish is sure-shot stink bait.not many little fish with this bait.we catch fish from 3 to 12 pounds and have hung alot more bigger fish.when the bigger fish bite this bait they run hard there is no love taps.so far this year i have used 4 gallons of this bait.if both of us can go this weekend i'll show you some good places just let me know. o yea i'll have to blind fold you for the trip.just kidding.

robbie

6. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    sorry man but keep your chin up there is a tropical storm round more rain better fishin lol
    ps: as long as your not where the storm is

7. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    I've heard about Cache River flatheads all my life but have never been there. I may have to make a trip to look around. Was there any current at all? Good luck on your trip to the Miss this weekend 4Low. grizzly

8. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Grizzly, yeah there was some current...it was just right for bass fishing with spinnerbaits and crankbaits, but a little too fast for jig/pig...if you know what I mean. I think it would be perfect for jugging. The Cache has been holding steady around 8-9 feet since 7/24, but the White has been falling from 7ft on 8/21 to 3.6 feet today. It's been my personal experience to do better catfishing during the first part of the fall rather than the end of it. Tell you what, the Cache is a beautiful little river with a lot of shade and a steady breeze. You'll see plenty of wildlife and even if you don't catch any like me, you'll still be glad you went. That's one heck of a boat ramp though...steep with a lot of gravel!
    Keep me posted and good luck-Tim

9. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Look at it this way,grizzly. You've simply discovered 100 things that don't work. You'll get it all together soon. Be posative and keep trying. It will pay off. Trust me .

10. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    I think my problem is the current in the white. The bayou I normally fish usually has very little to no current and I haven't figured out how to fish the current. I will keep trying though. grizzly

11. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Ever think of change'n your name to skunk ? Just kidding Grizzly. We used to only catch fish in the Arkansas when there was current. We drift fished mostly, but if it's to strong look for humps or other current breaks. I bet the cats are picking up on Conway . They should be doing good on all the lakes with the cooler weather. Hang in there , your luck has got to change .