Skunked Again!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by gone_fishin, Jul 21, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Fished the Wabash tonight and I got skunked again. Fished for about 4 hours caught one small channel and thats it. When are the fish gonna bite.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

one fish ain't a skunk in my book. I understand what you are saying thoigh. Keep your head up it will get better sooner are later. Just consider your trips now practice for the big one.

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Either Yesterday or Tomorrow.:sad2:

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Yeah but for having 8 poles in the water with a variety of baits catching one isn't to good of odds. I'm finding fishing for catfish is getting kinda hard and boring, I think I'm gonna go back to fishing for walleye and sauger. Atleast I usually catch one everytime I fish for them plus they are tasty.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I think the rain will help cool the water off. I sure hope it does! I have been reduced to trolling back to the ramp and catching silvers. :sad2: Not my favorite fish.
    Bill

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Dont give up, ive fished twice this week with no luck. I think a lot of the proplem is the hot weather.

7. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    All depends on the locations as well, fish move around to differant places so change it up when they arent biting and try out a new spot.

8. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hang in there, the bite will come.

9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    No I'll have to do that today.

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    And yes I would love to go fishing this weekend.

11. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Things have been much slower for myself as well. It seems to pretty much be the consensus that things are slow everywhere. Just remember that the fish still have to eat and the higher waters temps mean higher metabolism and the fish need to eat even more. The problem is the feeding windows are much smaller right now, you have to get the perfect combination of time and place.