Skunked again on the Flathead catfish hunt

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by dcaruthers, Jul 15, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We went out last night from 8-3 and caught a big fat zero. We had live bream and fresh caught shad. 9 rods set up for bottom and varying depths under slip floats and not one dag'um bite all nite. On a good note...the wether was awesome and the skys were clear and we had great conversation all night long. Did I say I got skunked again?

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I would love to thav a chance to get out and do some night fishing, just cant seem to get away. Better luck next time and hope you catch your limit

3. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Well if you gotta get skunked I'll take it the way you got it every time. I love fishing and good company only makes it better. Sorry you didn't catch anything but sounds like a great night anyway!
    Don

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Here's a pic of a 15 lb flathead my bud caught last week from the same location using the same bait. We are going back out tonight...yeehaw.

Attached Files:

5. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Those nights are going to happen, but persistance pays off!!!!:cool2:

6. live22skate

live22skate New Member

State:
    Arizona
    dont worry about it, ive been skunked on my past 5 trips for those big flats

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    went out to day same thing not a fish. better luck next time:smile2:

8. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well, I took my wife (who is always good for one or two) last night and all we caught was a 37" gar. I think the cats here in the river are on vacation. I should have my boat ready by next weekend...I'll have to hunt them down.

9. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Your story is my story. I been striking out on the flatheads to date, therefore it eases the pain when you can strike up a good conversation with a fishin' buddy. Add a good campfire, and all is not lost. Better luck next time out!

10. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I hear ya Crakr. I just love being out doing the nature thang...but boy do I hate geting skunked. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

11. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know the feeling, been fishing for them about ten times, caught 3, but i love the frogs and the owls and the conversation, but i hate the bugs, they are so bad now on Altamaha, that it is almost impossible to run after dark, one thing i do is throw a nightcrawler toward the sandbar and try to catch a channel while i wait for the big flattie..