skunked again at Lake Bartlett

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BubbaCat, Oct 10, 2009.

1. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    my son cought 24 lb and a 12 lb flathead last night . :big_smile: Bartlett 2 BubbaCat 0 . :embarassed: got there to late and light trouble. hope you guys did better !

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Double the Skunk on the Flattcats,, managed one unlucky 3# channel! Last night..:eek:oooh:

Had boat motor problems,, didn't get upriver... Next Time:big_smile:

And, Glad I , Nannycat, and Jim, got to meet some of the AZ Cat slayers..
    Look forward to hearing about your night!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    These are pics of Jeff's fish,, Guess we need to get him signed up on the BOC,,

Better start thinkin of a Handle,, already has a nice avatar pic!!!

Attached Files:

4. jwk700

jwk700 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i got 6 carps no flats:angry::cry::cry:

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Nothing here all night waterdawg got a 6lb and a 2 lb channel other then that the bartlett crew didnt get crap!!!:angry:

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    yeah and it was cold:0a18:

7. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We got there late again snagged2 was having trouble with their boat, nannycat gave us some gills,put them in my fish basket. went up lake to the no wake, tryed to catch more bait, all but 3 gills had sliped through the wire of the basket caught a few more big enough not to swim through the wire. went up lake had nav light problems went back to no wake bouy line my son caught 12lb right at moon rise then the 24 lb just before it got cloudy windy . and that was that.

8. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    My wife and I got one good run. At least we had fun and got to meet a bunch of good guys of the BOC. On our way to the ramp we saw a bunch of smoke,went over there and someone had left their campfire burning so we put it out and picked up all of the thash they left behind.:angry::sad2:

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    No fish, definately an awesome time! Freezing cold, but it was awesome to put names to faces on here. Couldn't of asked for better group of guys! Thanks to all the boat guys who went through all the extra effort to bringing boat out to Bartlett, and letting the non boaters ride up river with you. I did have a turtle bite a gill in half. :smile2:

10. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    iam glad that u guys had a good time i guess the flatts were not bitting but thats fishing is anybody still out there or did everybody come home cause i thought it was for friday and saterday

11. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    I was glad u all made it home safe, sounds like ever one had fun.Thanks for sharing pics snagged2 nice looking Flats I'm always happy to welcome a new member Gosh I be happy with 24lb flat any day. I wished that ever one would have had better luck

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  12. force61

force61 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I wish everyone would have had a little better luck but as they always say thats why it's called fishing and not cathing. It does sound like you guys all had a good time and I wish I didn't have to head down to Tucson this weekend or I would have definitely gone. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to meet some of you.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  13. Jeffrey

Jeffrey New Member

State:
    AZ
    I lost my AZ catfish virginity at Bartlett over the weekend, and also saw a bald eagle.

Attached Files:

14. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    nice cats :big_smile:

15. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    It was nice to meet everyone what a great bunch of guys.
    I hate getting skunkoed. I think you know who put a curse on us.
    I have a friend thats into blackmagic!
    Did anyone here of a yellow boat sinking this weekend at Bartlett?:wink:
    Hope to see you guys again.

16. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    no but i was at bart one morning getting ready to luanch my boat and some guy had just luanched his jet boat and started towerds the no wake bouys and then it caught fire and he turend around and got to the dock and it just burned and sank i was happy i hate those boats :smile2:

17. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    sounds like you guys had a great time.:big_smile: congrats to those who caught some flatty's. must have been a fun trip to bad i couldnt have made it.:angry:

18. manofewords

manofewords New Member

State:
    arizona
    Manny went with me this weekend at Bartlett...he was the only one to land a flathead. It was his first one in his life, it weighed 9.6 lbs. He will be talking about that a school for some time!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

19. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    congrats manny on the 1st flat

20. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Congrats to Manny nice pics. Thanks for sharing