skunked 2 weeks in a row on the ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by DELLIS, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    we have been skunked 2 weeks in a row on the ohio near anderson ferry anybody have any suggestions bait rigs etc we usually fish the gmr near hamilton and never been skunked like this just looking for some hints

now i have to vent in our adventures we saw some people fishing further down the bank from us and would you belive the mess they left bait containers, a ton of skip jack left and worst of all on the bank near the skip jack layed at least a 50lb blue dead of course if you catch them release them if you keep them take them home and serve them up no wonder the river is so dirty

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    they weren't people, they were fu!!!! stupid freaks that should have the air they breath taken from them. just like they did that blue. man i hate seeing that, i cant understand y someone would do something like that

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    we see the blue situation a lot around here, granted they are flatties but nothing aggrevates you more than some kid saying "wow look at the size of this catfish, i have to take it home and show dad!!!" apparently with all of the new camera phones they dont think about it:sad2:

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That really sucks! Being skunked, the trash and seeing the left behind dead catfish.:angry:

5. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i agree 100%!! you said it!!

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    the trash the fish and not getting a fish are all BullShat my man :crazy:

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, these past 2 weeks have been the toughest fishing for me this year period, not sure what is going on, just when you think they are about to come off the nest weird things happen....Just keep at it man, it can only go up from here!:wink:

8. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I took a skunking last night with JBrooks on the Ohio...granted we were more concerned with how the boat was running and did only minimal fishing....but still...all he had was one short run, other than that all quiet. Its been tough lately, even on the GMR:cool2:

9. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Off topic, but you fish near Hamilton?
    Any chance you're fishing the dams?

10. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    IT MAKES U SICK TO SEE PEOPLE WHO THINK ONLY OF THEM SELVES.COULD CARE LESS IF ALL THE FISH DISSAPEAR BECAUSE EVERYONE JUST THROWS THEN AWAY. AND THEY THINK OH WELL THE NEXT GUY TO FISH THIS SPOT WILL CEAN UP THE MESS. BUNCH OF SICK LAZY A-- HOLES WHO NEED A BIG A-- WIPPIN.
    PEOPLE ARE NOT LIKE THEY WHERE WHEN WE GREW UP WITH MOM AT HOME TO TEACH US RIGHT FROM WRONG. IT IS A SICK WORLD OUT THERE NOW, DON'T EVEN WANT TO ASK WHATS NEXT.

I GUESS I'M JUST A OLD GUY.:embarassed:

11. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nah Moose , It isn't your being a Old Guy. I agree with you 100%
    This is the worst year for garbage that I have seen in a while. Two of my favorite spots have just been trashed this year. From broken tv's to desks. You name it and they are dumping it. I wish I was rich so i could set up video cameras and record them doing it.
    Matt AKA DESODE