SKIPS

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by brotherknothead, Jan 1, 2009.

1. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Well, I went down to Cumberland City today to do some catfishing and a good day it was. It was very cold of course but I put in and I move do to the steam plants to catch some skips. It was about 0730 and I caught some fresh skips to fish with. I fish around the island there at the steam plants and I had bites all morning and I manage to pull one in the boat. I moved to another location and I continue to get bites on cut skips. I had a great morning catfishing. At about 1200 I moved to the steam plants to catch some more skips and what a blast it was. I caught a skip almost every catch. Around the time I was there was noon catching skips and the sun was out shining. So the skips are there and the cats are biting. I was there along with brother hilljack and a new boc brother in brother hilljacks boat. They also had good luck catching cats. Hope to see yall down there soon. I hope to be back there on the second.

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I will be down there tomorrow and would love to meet any of you kentucy and tennesse boc'ers.

3. jms11208

jms11208 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Made my first attempt at catching Skips at Cumberland City steam plant today, took my wife and daughter down there and had a blast. Caught a cooler full in about 2 hours, atleast a bite on almost every cast. I probably lost as many as I got on the bank. Got em all put up and ready to go catfishin!!!

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Just got back from there today, the skipjacks were hitting good all day and also met BajaCoop there.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    im planning a trip there this here .

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You fellows wouldnt ship a cooler full of these packed in dry ice for a small nominal fee would you ???

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Danny, it was great fishing with you brother. I think we got a few more trips in us in the next couple of weeks

8. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey Shane, yes we do. Well, I went back down to Cumberland City today and had a good day. The skips are there still and packed in they are. I did catch 4 cats all under ten pounds. I was using cut skipjack fishing about a mile up and a mile down river from the cat walk in my boat. I hope to get back there some day this week.