Skip's Monster Brings Back Memorys!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Nov 1, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was thinking today after reading brother Skip's post about the HUGE flathead he caught last night downstream from a dam. It quickly brought back memories of an old trip me, Skip, and passed brother T-Spergin took one night below a dam. It wasn't the best night of fishing, but one that I will always remember! It was the first time me and Tony met up to fish for flatheads, and an interesting night for all three of us. We had lots of converation that night between all of us, about fishing, and alot of other topics! LOL.. Congrats again S-man on the huge fish the other night, and bringing back a night of good memories fishing with a couple of friends!!! Here's photos of the night... AND YES!!! I was CAPTAIN!!!!:wink: rollo

PS I did catch small fish of the night! Can't seem to find the picture! :smile2: I think Skip has it somewhere on his camera!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im sure it was a night to remember Skip a I have had some good times on the water An all the stress Skips been going through .He deserves to get a monster cat.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks rollo for the story and pics. I never got to meet tony but Sman has told me alot about him. A great fisherman and great person!

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Jason. I never met Tony but miss his post. Thats the good thing about this place, folks such as ya'll keep the man fishin, forever.

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i also never got to meet tony he passed a few days before a gathering i attended and i miss his post also

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thanks Jason now there is dust or something around I keep having to wipe my eyes. I dont feel blessed for much but for meeting Tony I did. Every time I met him he was always giving me advise as well as bait:smile2:. I never got to go fishing with him on his boat but he would sneak up on me while fishing with my boys in the backwaters at Dillon LOL. He would always give my boys advise and the man could cast a net and a bait caster with ease it was unreal.

7. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Yes Jason thanks. I do fell blessed because I got fish with Tony alot. I miss the ole fart we had many conversations on many different topics. He taught me how to throw the cast net ,and he was always giving me tips on this or that. I put a line out in the water for my brother Tony evry time I go fishing so with the memories I still fell he is with me.
    I have yet to fish with S man or Rollo but hope to do so in the future.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Jason for the memories of Tony. I to miss his post. Gone but never forgotten.

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Ah yes Tony.... one of my 2 main fishin partners. Sadly missed. We had a lot of conversations.... bout Skip.... Rollo..... RyanG....TomH.... etc.... most all of it good too lol!:wink:

We had a great time in Virginia catching some hogs.... laughing about string measurements..... Bowfin fishermen..... Yeah he had the guides jaw on the floor with the length of his casts.... and his castnetting..... just pi$$ed me off with the ease he did it..... while I was gettin grit in my chops!

I will never forget the day the small contingent of Ohioans laid him to rest in Dillon waters.... Two boats.... lots of onlookers..... lots of love.

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I had many good times fishing with Tony, and even more conversations over the years. He was a great fisherman and an even better teacher. I miss him greatly.

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've missed being with Tony in our life but he's always with me in my heart and memories every day. He was not just a fishing partner and brother to me, but a father as well. He's taught me so much about catfishing and throwing castnets and boat motors and baitcasters and on and on. But one thing he's taught me that I will not forget is to not hold grudges against people because life's too short. So for all the people on here that I've pissed off in one way or another............you deserved it, get over it! LOL j/k, in all seriousness, if you have a beef with me about something, forgive me for being human and let's move on. As far as me having any beefs with someone, I can honestly say I will hold no grudges and continue honor and listen to Tony in my heart. I have yet to forget him since the day he passed by having him in my signature. So for those of you that haven't seen the video of the ceremony that Shawn was talking about, please take the time and watch it by clicking on the word "memory" of my signature and turn up your speakers. Thanks again Jason Landis for such a fine work of art creating this video to share with everyone that couldn't make it.

A word of caution, this video does cause secretions of the eyes so have plenty of tissues nearby!

Thanks,

Johnny

12. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    DAMM THAT DUST IS BAD TODAY.JUST CAN'T KEEP MY EYES DRY.
    THAT WHOLE PROCESS TOOK ALOT OF GOOD THOUGHTS AND PLANNING. WHAT A GREAT SEND OFF FOR A FREIND.
    MY HAT IS OFF TO ALL OF THOSE WHO PUT THAT TOGETHER.
    THAT SHOUD BE THE STANDARD SEND OFF FOR ALL THE GOOD OLD FISHING BUDDIES.

VERY TOUCHING SEND OFF.
    ALSO WILL MISS TONYS POSTINGS.