Skips in Tennessee

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Mar 9, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    First of all I surely didnt mean to upset anyone just new to the catfishing game started watching Catfishing America heard about this website and that 'catfish candy' started a new thread and o'boy.I had no plans of robbing Tenn of there skip jack population,just looking for a few until it warms up.Then i can get in my jeep hook up my boat and drive about 2 miles down on the Ohio and catch some Kentucky skip jack. Where the fishing is good and the people are even better.So when it warms up alittle and you boys need that 'catfish candy' come on down or up and spend that out of state money in Kentucky .And thanks to Leroy Wilkerson who saved me a trip to Tenn,where it sounds like i'm not welcomed.P.S I still like Bruce Pearl.Thank You and have a great day. Aaron

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    There were missed communications on both sides in those threads and it snowballed into what you saw. This happens sometimes and people go off the deep end, LOL!!! Please don't let that ruin your stay here with us. There are alot of great peolpe here on the BOC and I hope that you will stick around long enough to meet alot of them.
    JW

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    like i said in the outher post any time you wanna go down an catch some skip jacks you send me a pm ill ride down with you they will get over thereselfs on till the laws are changed we have the right to come down an now that JW the thread police as got it all worked out for us an now they wanna change there story we should be ok

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you didnt do a thing wrong you just had a bad apple give a bs answer before anyone could give you a good answer.. dont feel like you started anything..glad to have you on the boc..

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Arron anytime you have a feel to go try for some skips in tn just give me a shout and we will do our level best to get yo8u some and make you feel welcome. One person doesn't speak for us all and I don't know who posted to you on this and don't think I need to know.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Arron welcome to the boc, come on down if you want and if I can I will join you.

7. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    You boys come on over to east tennessee. I'll help you catch them next month they will be running below the dams here. Long as you don't stop in wartburg where the city fathers dont want the traffic. You will be welcome everywhere else.

8. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    aaron just let me know when i like to bring them skips back to north an south carolina have frezer will travel besides i dont think its posable to hurt the popalation of them things with a poll more than that die of old age but some people cant catch them anyways :wink::wink::wink:

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the good word

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    i'll be there catching as many as i want as soon as i get home.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well I grew up in middle Tennessee and now live in Western Kentucky. I thought that everybody had skipjacks until reading on here about how hard some were finding it to catch skipjacks. I guess I'm just kinda spoiled. We can catch skipjacks just about anywhere we throw out a line with jigs. We dont even have to drive to the steamplant or the dams. We just go to the lake and cast out and catch them . They are everywhere here. I dont think that the skipjack population is in any danger. We usually catch just enough to fish with and after we have enough we just throw them back or stop fishing for them. They sure are fun to catch. Now I am ready to catch a monster Flathead on a skipjack. Most of mine have come from Bluegils...but they are harder to catch right now than skipjacks are. Well good luck fishing to all!!!:smile2:

12. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Ron, I thought you had switched to stink bait ,OLD BUDDY OLD PAL.

AEE! AEE! BIGCAT GarryEads