skippys back yet

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by getthenet, Dec 29, 2008.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    are the skips back at cumberland city yet

2. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    getthenet~I was fishing below Old Hickory Dam today and the skips were quite thick and active. So I would assume that the skips at Cumberland City would be active as well, but I could be wrong as I've never been there myself.

3. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Catfishnewbie08...Are you fishing up near the dam or down by the boat ramp? In a boat?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    skips were in the steam plant good today! I think tomorrow will be the best day for them and the weather is supposed to hold.

5. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    Cattracker~ I am fishing from the bank on the Rockland Recreation area side, directly across from the boating ramp. When you go down the steps from the parking lot to the bank, you see a feeder creek on your right. If you're looking for white bass, I've been catching some at the mouth of that creek on white jigs, especially after a good rainfall. From the creek to about 50-60 yards to the left of the creek, I've been catching skips anywhere between those two points on chartruese twistertail jigs. Shoot, they were so aggressive yesterday, I think they'd bite just about anything!

I haven't tried close to the dam since there is a sign posted on the walkway towards the dam that says that the fishing platform was closed due to falling rocks. So I don't want to take a chance and risk getting a ticket or something.

6. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    I was over at the steam plant at C/City today and they were in there .About 11 am they had slowed up considerably but the ones left was catching skips
    hope this helps

7. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey bill it was nice to meet you today! the bite got tuff after you left!

8. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for all the info guys im leaving here ohio friday evening be in cumberland city about 4 am throw the net get some shad and throw a cat rod out and then catch some skippys. hope to see some of you guys down there .ill be driving a silver f150 with a big flathead decal on my rear window. thanks again

9. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Steve the pleasure was all mine and we can do it again.Hope to see you at the feburary gathering.