Skippies

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jazper, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    They are still running pretty good. I was there saturday morning early and it was ok, but I went tongiht about 3pm and was pulling three in at a time.

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the update how big are they im ready for some of the big ones

3. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    8 inches up to bout 12 or so i would say. I had a few 2 pounders. But all were good size.

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the info need to make a trip down befor long

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks again Jeremy, we ended up with 198 of em and here is one of the big ones. It came in at 2.5 lbs.

[​IMG]

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice work Ryan. You guys were busy down there :smile2: I bet the little lady sure had a hoot reeling in those fish.

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    She really did, I couldnt get her to stop. Usually she gets hungry or there are several bathroom breaks but she fished all day and If her line was broken well I had better get on it or I got the look. We had a blast, she even started baiting her own hook with the pilchards and was even taking the fish off of the hook by the end of it. I cant wait for the get together breakfast and skip trip.

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Paul they are small shad, i just call them pilchards for some reason...we were fishing them with a splitshot and a tiny hook and letting them down to about 20 ft and then start bringing them up slowly. It was the best way we found to catch them in the daytime when they are deeper.

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck out there!