Skippies around Conway?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Catter, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Hey guys, I gotta make a trip to close to Conway this weekend and was wonder if I need to bring a pole. :confused:

Joe

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You bank fishing, or boat fishing?

3. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    I'll be bank fishing down there Jerry, gotta go there for a bday party at Vilonia so I thought i'd do some skippies while i'm there.

Joe

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The only place I've had any luck bankfishing there for skippies is right up close to the dam across the river from the locks. There's kind of a little cove there where there's an eddy, and you can throw jigs into the edge of the fast water and pull them into the eddy. Never caught all that many there, but maybe I wasn't there at the right time.

5. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Thanks for the tip Jerry, I might give it a try. Hopefully it'll be a better weekend weather-wise than last.

Joe

6. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Joe,

I'm not very familiar with the area but I have an idea of what the weather is going to be like. Cold front moving through as we speak. Increasing chances of rain through tomorrow night. Saturday and Sunday highs around 65. Mostly sunny. Of course, that's for Greenville--about 2.5 hours south of Conway.

Good luck if you get to go!

7. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Thanks for the help guys, i'll have to keep it in mind for the next trip tho. :crying:

Looks like i'm gonna be working this weekend so no Conway for me.

Thanks again,

Joe