skipjacks

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Ruffneck, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Ruffneck

Ruffneck New Member

State:
    De Soto, Missouri
    I generally launch at Truman Park I was wondering if anyone has any luck getting herring anywhere in that area. Last year we were able to get some at the mouth of the Joachim they were small though. I have seen a few guys using small jigs and have luck So I tried with no luck also tried sabiki with no luck any help be greatly appreciated

2. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    hey ruffneck, I think you did everything right, 2008 wasnt good for me either. Joachim is a very good creek for skips one of my first favorites. Also try Plattin creek and a small creek on the Ill side called Fontain Creek across for Barnhart and the end of the dykes you will find them.

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Thanks for the info.I live in Jeff. Counyt and didn't know you could catch skippies here.When's the best time of year?

4. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    can anyone tell me when is the first tourny for catfish or where i can look to get info?plz get back to me thanks i am in jefferson county can someone help me out?

5. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
  6. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey guys, last year was very tough gettin into the skippies because of the high water. I am loading up on some next week for the season. Selling 10-14inchers for a buck a piece if you are interested. As many as you want. Just email me. Thanks, Honzy

7. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    Last year was tough with the high water. I am going next week to stock up for the year. I am selling them for a buck a piece if your interested. Just email me. Honzy,

8. faith

faith New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nathan,
    I will probably be going to, but if I don't I would buy some fresh ones off of you. Don't know about a buck, but I would like about 75 to 100 head of skips. I will pay you $50 for 100

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

LOL!!!!! I've seen folks selling them for $5 a piece!

$1 is a bargain. When you figure in all the time and cost going to get them yourself you'll find that that is CHEAP!:wink:

10. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    There is a tournament March 7th at Columbia Bottoms ramp.

11. leftemptyhanded

leftemptyhanded New Member

State:
    St.Joseph,Missouri
    yeah im about to buy them $4 apiece check the bait stores see what there selling for

12. leftemptyhanded

leftemptyhanded New Member

State:
    St.Joseph,Missouri
    yeah im giving $4 a piece go to the bait store and see what there selling for

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Faith, between gas, hotel, food, beer, and aggravation Honzy's not even breaking even on a buck a piece if his trip is anything like the one I just went on :smile2:

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LMAO!!!! The trip we went on last year, considering we took the kids, I think my skippies ended up costing me around $5.00 a piece.:roll_eyes::smile2:

15. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    You all are killing the market for a guy looking for skipjacks.....:crazy:

With that said, I'm looking for skipjacks.....can't get the kitchen pass for a trip to cumberland city. :confused2:

So, if you got skippies and they are for sale, shoot me a pm.

16. hstill03

hstill03 New Member

State:
    missouri
    HEY I AM A NEW MEMBER AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN YOUR SKIPJACK OFFER. I CALLED A BAIT SUPPLIER IN PERRY MISSOURI BUT THEY ONLY SELL BY THE CASE. I LIVE IN INDEPENDENCE BUT WORK IN OAK GROVE PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT HSTILL03@COMCAST.NET AND SEE IF WE CAN WORK OUT SOMETHING. I AM WILLING TO TRY THESE FOR $1.00 EACH. NO PROBLEM. THANKS

17. hstill03

hstill03 New Member

State:
    missouri
    HEY GUYS I AM NEW TO WANTING TO FISH THE RIVER. LOVE TO CATFISH. BEEN FISHING JACOMO FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. I HAVE A 16 FT ALUM BOAT WITH 25 MERCURY. IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH TO PUT IN THE RIVER AND TINKER AROUND. PLAN ON FISHING CLOSE. WANT TO LAUNCH AT LE BENITE PARK UNDER 291 BRIDGE. ALSO HEAR A LOT ABOUT SKIPJACK. DO WE GET THESE IN THE RIVER IN THIS AREA. ANY HELP IS APPRECIEATED. THANKS GUYS.

18. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Check out the Riverbend tournament trail section under catfish tournaments or www.mwhi.org There is a tournament this Sat. at Columbia Bottoms.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Harold. PM me where you live at and your phone#. I live in Independence also on the N side.

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Double post.