Skipjacks @ Pickwick?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by jdward, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Just wondering, anybody been catching any skips below the dam at Pickwick? I was planning on making the trip up there this weekend but was tryin to figure out if they were even biting before I drove all the way up there. Thanks for the help!:big_smile:

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The flood gates are still open, so not sure its a good time for skipjack. Most times with the water this cool. The skipjack have headed up toward the Interstate and the steam plant.
    Pete

3. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks man. You don't happen to know where the closest steam plant to Memphis that might produce some skipjacks is do ya? Thanks for the heads up.:big_smile:

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think New Johnsonville would be the closest to ya on the TN river.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    New Johnsonville should be it. Or that is the one I can also think of like Bam posted.
    Pete

6. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks for the info guys! Do the skips tend to run up there all winter long or are they hit or miss? I'm gonna try to make it up there and stock up for this spring in I can talk my brother into riding up there with me the next time I get a chance. Once again, THANKS, ya'll saved me alot of time and some gas:big_smile:!