skipjacks at Lake Barkley Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jul 27, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Need some tips on catching that catfish candy Please, thinking of coming south and putting afew in my buckets.Whats the best color,rigs or jigs,time of day and best place to catch them only been there a couple of times when i was younger and last but not lest are those boggers in there at the present time. Thanks alot Aaron

2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Need one of you boys to help me out, need some skippers pretty bad, any help would be awesome. Dont want to make a 300 mile wasted trip. Thanks Aaron

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    IT seems if they are generating current you can catch them . Some people use multiple jigs on 1 line . I find the color of small twister tail they want to hit that day . Then switch to 1 jig. I have a problem keeping my line from getting twisted up if I use more than 1 jig for very long . Watch out for the acrobatic carp when you go .:cool2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I use a series of 3 lead head jigs with white or green curly tails. (small ones). Skips hit best when the sun is bright, going to need some fast moving water close to a dam would be best