Skipjack?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by CATFISHPAT, Apr 1, 2007.

1. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    what do you use to catch skipjack.Im going to Eufaula dam in the morning,Do I just use crappie jigs???And what kind??

2. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I didnt know we had skipjack here in OK. In Arkansas, I used little white grub jigs to catch them or just a cast net.

3. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I use 3 or 4 of these [​IMG] rigged up with a half ounce weight on the bottom. The best place is in or around swift water.

4. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    oh yeah we have em here. eufalas where you can catch some of the biggest around. their a migratory fish so they move alot. i just act like im fishing for sandbass with jigs. seems either white or red or brown are good colors for em. i have suprisingly good luck on white and brown.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    White, yellow, and red always seem to be good colors to start out with. There are times when color doesn't seem to matter, and other times when you've got to have exactly the color they want. When the skippies are running bit, two crappie jigs tied in tandem is all I really want on my rod, because two skippies are hard enough to get up to the net. I can lift one skippy over the side with my rod, but two big ones require a net.