Skipjack

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by master_cat, Mar 17, 2007.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    do any of yall know when ya might be able to catch skipjack below the dams agin

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Saw a post from a couple of days ago that they are running in the Arkansas River, so I'd expect them to be running in the Tennessee, too.

3. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You should be able to now.

4. Clovis

Clovis New Member

State:
    Paris Tennessee
    I caught a bunch this afternoon around the Marina at Paris Landing on the TN river

5. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    I'm headed back to the steam plant if the weather is decent monday and tuesday and I'll let you guys know when the skip jack start running heavy . it'll be any day they'll be so thick you can almost reach down and catch them with your hands.:lol: . Thats when i stock my freezer up for the up coming summer as of wedsday the water temp at the lake went from 50* last saturday to 60* this past wedsday. and that was the lake timp not the steamplant temp it's alot warmer

6. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    yea they stack up below the dams round i just didnt know if they where there yet if yall think they might be i might go try i didnt know if i needed to go to the steam plant or the dam

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If not below the dam. Look about the dam theres times, The skip jack will stack up along the banks above the dams also.
    Pete

8. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    well went to the steam plant and the skipjack are still slow the ones i caught where at the end of the sidewalk on the end at the opening of the river. and they where all on bottom. and got them on skobi rigs
    I got there at 4am for the rock bass run. And man it was on. They came in the steam plant at day break and was popping all over the place on top water i was catching them on salt water super spooks on the top.
    they where good sizes from 5 to 13 Pd's and a few big ones where popping to. i hung into a really big one and it broke off and stoled my super spook :angry: . and the white bass wasn't running . i thank the cold weekend ran them back deep . but they'll come back up this week.
    the shad are also running really good on the wall nice 5 to 6 inches
    ohh and the water temp was around 64 * range

9. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well my buddy and I decided to go to the steam plant about 10:30pm the other night. Drove down all night without no sleep and got there about 4:00am. We fished for skips half the day between the bridge and the mouth of the river. skips were real slow only caught about 30. at about 6:30pm we decided it was time to get some sleep so got a hotel room. Hadn't been to sleep since 5:30 the day before. Went back to the steam plant sunday and it was even slower in the same spot so I decided to go up by the wall and son we flat tore them up. caught about 150 of them in no time and had the coolers full and heded home. Stay up buy the wall and throw towards it and let it drift back and use white curly tail jigs. We were the only ones catching them and then here they all came running like fly's O-well had a great time. Next time i'm bringing the boat. :tounge_out:

10. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    went today 1p.m. to 4 p.m.got 90 skips and had to stop filled up. the coolers. and had to stop all on white grabs.

11. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    went back up today come home with 95 skips in about 3 hours.

12. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    caught them right on the wall of the dam bout 40 of them in about 45 mins

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I will be heading down Sunday for a little fun myself, LOL!!!

14. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    with my skipjack i cought a 31 pound blue bigest one for me yet

15. cntryby

cntryby New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks for the info guess i need to hide in JW's trunk tomorrow. maybe he will just drop me off a couple hundred on his way home????lmao

16. cattfishingking

cattfishingking New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    im looking for some too do they ever go into the lakes