Skipjack

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Ohio_River_Rat, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    Is it too late in the year to catch skipjack. Me and river_rat_42 has seen some near a dock we fish. I got some Sabiki rigs but is it too late in the year to use?

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Here in central Arkansas, one of the best times of the year to catch skipjack is during really cold weather at the warm water outlet at the nuclear power plant.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    If you know that they are there go for it. You have nothing to lose and a bucket of bait to gain. You can never have too much...W

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i was catchin skips at cannelton last week. they were biteing strong about the last 2 hours of daylight up till dark. i put a few in the freezer. an went here yesterday an cought 2 while fooling around waiting on the blue bite on the big poles

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC newatcats!! Do you primarily fish the Ohio river? Have you had any luck wih the big blues? I've heard of some bigguns that have been being caught! Good Luck Brother and keep us posted!! ;)

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i my self go a 40# but one of my buddies has cought a few in the 30 to 50 # ive had a few 20's