Skipjack

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by thomas feldon, Mar 9, 2007.

1. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Everyone needs bait for the blue's.
    Anyone going to the Kentucky dam's for the skipjack , herring?
    This is our 3 rd yr, to get our cooler's full of skipjack. Then bring them back for the blue's in upper mississippi. I couldn't get any good catches from the chain of rock's. and the Alton dam for skipjack.
    So I'm heading back to the best I know!
    High flow and warm rain.
    It's only 4 hr drive from Farmington, Missouri to the Berkly dam !
    Then fill up the cooler with the best (cut bait,) for the biggest blue's you could get away from the OHIO and Mississippi.
    We'll be there on the 30 th, 31st and The all fool's day. Snaggin is open for spoon's form sunup til sun down. Gott to get it ! See you there. Tom

2. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Thanks Tom for reminding us! I never did make it last year, but sure would like to try it. I enjoy catching skippies as well as having them for bait. Good Luck! Hannibal Mike

3. dsweet

dsweet New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I will be there the morning of March 31st as well. Have you heard any good reports?

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    been trying to talk to every one around there an they say there not in there yetive been down to cumberland city a few times this year an loaded up on them there but they even seem to be slow there to good luck to you all

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Guys, How do you preserve a cooler full of skips? Do you just put them in freezer bags dry and freeze them? I froze some hole shad one year and when I thawed them out they were so mushy they wouldn't stay on my hook. Any Ideals? Rob

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    You may want to invest in a vacuum sealer!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    A Vacumn Food Saver is the way to go. Can leave the fish hold and freeze.You might want to use the role type bags and seal the amount you would need for a single trip.This vacumn seal will leave your bait fresh for extended periods of time. I hope this helps.

8. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    I'll be there on the 1st.

BTW, Farmington is my old stompin ground... used to work for Little Tikes