skipjack

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by hirotamus, Sep 16, 2009.

1. hirotamus

hirotamus New Member

State:
    AR
    Where can you catch skipjack in/around little rock? I tried Murray L&D and haven't had much luck. Appreciate any suggestion.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    1st welcome to the Hood John!!! 2nd gotta hang tough when the water is dirty:wink: There at Murray:wink:

3. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Can you catch skipjacks in a cast net or is rod and reel with jigs the way to go after them?

4. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well sometimes ya get a "few" in the throw net:wink: but mostly caught on jigs:big_smile:

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    One of the guys who works at our school said today he got some skips at Ozark on Sunday. I guess they are still there.

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC John. Find the rip-rap banks, go below dams, and deeper water with trolling jigs/grubs, and jigging spoons on baitfish runs. :0a26:

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Can't help ya around Little Rock. But you can go a little Farther down to Lock and dam 5 and may catch a few!

8. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    You prety much can catch them at any of the dams, but like Sam said muddy water they will be slow. try jigs white, shinner jigs are good and best of all sabikii rigs find on line or zimmerman on unaversity in little rock.
    rememeber skips like hevy current and if the shad are poping the top of water thats were there at my friend.:cool2:

9. hirotamus

hirotamus New Member

State:
    AR
    I was using rod & jigs but wasn't catching them. I guess murky water had something to do with it. I was in Fort Smith 2 weeks ago and had no problem catching them at dam 13. :wink:

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Those are babys at dam # 13:wink::tounge_out::eek:oooh: I am talking skips over 1lb..used to i could get all i wanted but now days it is different hit & miss....ozark is a good dam....gotta be patient when it is muddy & "find" the right color , depth & speed

11. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    I agree wit CatManAJ & welcome to the BOC bro.:cool2:

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Check out my post on our camping trip to WDM the hydro is a great place when of course a it is running and be the water is up. Caught quite a few that weekend