Skipjack

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bradley_G, Sep 7, 2009.

1. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    anyone catching skippies on nickajack or chickamaga? I didn't get a chance to fish for them yesterday and wondered if they were on yet.

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    must be nice! this time of year i can normally go below our dam on the ohio and load up, but right now i cant find a skip if my life depended on it! this might be a bad winter if i cant find them soon

3. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Holly #@%$...350??? nice work, guess your gonna have bait for a LONG time.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know bout over east but im sure below OH you could get a few buckets. :wink:

5. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    yeah they are still running below Cordell Hull dam in Carthage. Going to go get some more Sat morn. I do alot of jug fishing and need lots of bait.

6. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    cheatam dam is loaded with them

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went up there for the first time a couple weekends ago..Where exactly do you catch em right up against the dam??Or can you catch em a lil further down??Cause when I went there it was shoulder to shoulder up against the dam..

8. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    go down bout 100yrds man and u can smokem

9. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    WE put in at the playground boat ramp just before the dam and took the boat right up to the dam, we would drift out and still was catching them. You can even catch them from the sidewalk area. I am going again this Sat. morning if you would like to hook up.

10. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I have also found that if I cast my sabiki rigs in the boils of the generation I get more of them.

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll be working Friday night so Sat. morning for me is late afternoon..Its supposed to storm Saturday but who knows..I may go to Bledsoe Creek Sunday just to see how the boat handles since I got it fixed..May do a lil fishing..

12. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well just got back from Cordell Hull, we faced the adverse elements and hauled in 400 of those skippies in. We tried from the bank first with no luck, so we launched my boat and was tearing em up just about 200 feet below the dam.