SkipJack

Discussion in 'Skipjack Herring' started by bigkat7698, Sep 7, 2009.

1. bigkat7698

bigkat7698 New Member

State:
    Bowling Green KY
    My dad and I are trying to stock up for winter catting by fishing around the dam for skipjack we are catching several but we spend alot of time re-rigging from tangles ect...I was wondering if some of the "experts" on here could give some pointers as far as set-up to lessen our downtime re-rigging? Thanks

We are fishing from the bank/pier with crappie jigs....

2. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Jason all I do is tie each jig about 12" apart and just tie them to the line maybe 3 in tandum then I dont have that much trouble.Then if they get too tangled I reduce it to two jigs My preference is white grubs or curley tails

hope this helps

3. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    We use sabiki rigs down here in Msippy it has 5 hooks and short leaders they are not bad to tangle and sometime we cach 3 or 4 at a time One of the BOC brothers says if you catch 5 at a time you are a MasterBaiter:wink:

4. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Don't let your jigs drop so far down and speed up your retrieve..And the closer you get to the bank raise the tip of your rod to keep the jigs near the surface..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Well I was gonna say sumpten bout havin a doughbeater..but I think I'll stop..:smile2: