skipjack

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by usat212, Sep 5, 2009.

1. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Can anyone tell me if the skipjack are biting below Cannelton dam? Was thinking about going tomorrow and need to figure out what kind of bait that I will need to bring.

2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    heard they been catching afew,not many fish being caught period.Good Luck let use know if you do any good.

3. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Id try on the indiana side by the rip raft for skips there was some there the other day

4. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sorry I didnt report sooner but I have nothing to report. Never did make it up there because of all the storms up that way. Might try to go again tomorrow evening if nothing comes up. I just hope the skipjack are biting so atleast we will have some bait to fish with.

5. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I'm thinkin bout going on green tomorrow.I hope you catch moby.:big_smile:

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Catching skipjack, where.Thanks Aaron

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    where on the green are you fishing?
    i was thinking about going to the spotsville area. but figured id go upstream somewhere above newburgh dam... havent been there in a while.

8. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I'm planning on going to munfordville.Green is very small there and shallow with riffles this time of year about every quarter mile with deeper holes in between.

9. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    To bad your not close to AR. my wife and I went last weekend to a LD and cought 135 in about 4 hours with sabiki rigs ,:smile2::cool2::wink:there in the freezer

10. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went to cannelton last sunday and the new buoys saying no tresspassing kept me from getting within 500ft of the dam. I think the new construction is going to force many from the old fishing spot!

11. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    that cant be good. find you a hotwater discharge. im sure they will be there with the water cooling down.