Skipjack

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Team Hold EM Hook, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    We are going on a road trip this weekend and was wondering if there was a place to catch skipjacks from the bank around Memphis near interstate 55
    Thanks
    Joe

2. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    if you are staying south in tennessee around 64hwy our in north alabama wilson dam and for sure pickwick dam...

3. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Very hard to catch them anywhere around Memphis on the MS River. We do pick up a few off ends of dikes but really hit or miss. From what I understand tough right now at Pickwick as well. Change that road trip to April/MAy and head to Pickwick and you can mop up. I need some bad myself I am completely out.

4. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    If you are in Middle Tn. the skippies have hatched and running like crazy below Cordell Hull dam in Carthage, Tn. I caught 350 last Sat. They are 3 to 6 inches long.

5. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well just got back from Cordell Hull, we faced the adverse elements and hauled in 400 of those skippies in. We tried from the bank first with no luck, so we launched my boat and was tearing em up just about 200 feet below the dam.

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    no skips at wilson or pickwick