Skipjack?????

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jul 29, 2009.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Where can a man catch some of that (catfish candy) at this time of year????Need a fix bad.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i dont know of any place they are running right now... lots of small ones from the recent spawn but they arent even big enough to grab a hook..

3. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Hey Aaron I got 2 yesterday at Newburg dam off the end of the wall, saw one other get caught. This was after 11 am. They were chasing little minnows like crazy but wouldn't hit jigs or Sabiki flies. Another guy there was headed to Spotsville dam he said they were runnin there.

4. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    What about Barkley or Kentucky Lakes,maybe Cumberland City or Old Hickory Dam.I'm willing to go,need a fix bad, sitting on my last bag had a 150 of them bad boys.Bet I go for 300 next spring.Any reports would be awesome.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    if they are at spotsville we can take my boat and run up there and get some if ya want...

6. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Been to cannelton a couple times this week and the guys fishin with me tried some for skips but had no luck.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Aaron there was a post on here a days or so ago stating that they were catching them below Barkley, up close to the dam. Maybe you can locate the post. He stated a man and boy caught a five gal bucket in a few minutes. Key word was up close to dam.

8. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Can you fish close to the Dam from the bank or would I need my boat.Thanks Aaron

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    you can get right next to the dam and touch it on both sides right now. it sucks kinda on the gate side of the dam for the steep long rock walls they have. ive done really well from the bank. but thats the only way i have fished it so far. i went twice and got enough bait to prolly last me till spring.