SKIPJACK

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by coler0kw, Jul 14, 2009.

1. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    I LIVE IN SOUTH CENTRAL KY AND AM LOOKING FOR THE CLOSEST PLACE TO CATCH SKIPJACK WITHOUT GOING OUTA STATE. ALSO WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO GO. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS?

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    any of the tail waters on the bigger lakes like kentucky lake, barkley lake or behind a lock or dam on the ohio river. I have found fishing myself they are easyest to get in early spring and all through fall. sometimes you can find them in warm water discharges into the river in the winter but for the most part through the summer they seem to stay deep. and when you do find them it will most likely be the first two hours at day break and the last hour or two before dark.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Leroy hit the nail on the head . Soth central KY ? If your fishing green river or someplace like that shad or gills may be a better option since that is what the cats are used to eating anyways right ?

4. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    THEY ARE GOOD, BUT I KNOW A COUPLE GUYS THAT GO DOWN IN TENNESSEE AND GET SKIPJACK AND DO REAL WELL WITH THEM LOCALLY. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE CLOSER WHERE A KY. LICENSE IS SUFFICIENT. THANKS

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i would go to ky lake dam or barkley lake dam... barkley is where i got all mine in the spring