SkipJack

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Catfish Hunt3r, May 18, 2009.

1. Catfish Hunt3r

Catfish Hunt3r New Member

State:
    IL
    Is there anyone willing to catch and sell me some SkipJack. I have been looking all around to buy some but no luck. I would have to drive pretty far to catch some so I am just willing to buy some from somebody if they have some. Thanks

-Chad :0a21:

2. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    welcome to the boc brother. call this guy 10.00 dollars for about 5 lbs, he welcomes all to call, he goes to tennessee and gets it, its niceand fresh. been getting it from him for awhile.314-280-9234

3. Catfish Hunt3r

State:
    IL
    Thanks man!! I appreciate it! Does 5lbs get you very far? How much do you order most of the time?

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chad Welcome to the BOC. What part of Illinois are you from. The skipjack are running good at Ky Dam right now. You can catch a bucket full in no time. The drive would probably pay for itself. I saw some on Sat. catching five fish at a time.

5. Catfish Hunt3r

State:
    IL
    I am from Springfield IL.

6. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    i have been getting three bags at a time and some for my buddys. 3-10 fish in bag depending on size. lasts awhile just depends on how many your catching and how big a chunk you use. this guy is the one that is supplying all the bait shops in the area, who triple the price or more.

7. Catfish Hunt3r

State:
    IL
    damn! What kind of payment does he take?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chad that trip would be approx 6 hrs one way.

9. Catfish Hunt3r

State:
    IL
    Sheeeesh, see thats a LONG way for SkipJack!

10. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've never used it (not sure if they're even here in this section of KY River) but it must make some good bait!

Catching five fish at a time has got to be a blast........

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    12 hour drive.... gas, lodging, food, fishing license... for bait?! Ya, no way in hell would I do that. I dont care how 'golden' the bait is. If I -really- wanted that baitfish... I think I would be paying someone to do it for me. :eek:oooh:

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    2-3-4 buddies, head out early morning, go fishing for skippies, head back late, sounds just like another fishing trip, just going for bait, when ya consider you could fill a freezer with 3-4 guys in 4-5 hours of fishing, or pay $6-8-10 a bag for 3-4 skippies, Hmmmmm.
    Might have to stop by and get ya Mickey, we'll go catch bait for these fellas, pay for the rest of the summer.....LOL!

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Don't get me wrong.. the idea is great.. but the buying another deep freeze just isn't in my bag of tricks. LOL.

Just filled the freezer with 1/4 cow and 1/2 hog plus all my catfish. I am STUFFED! :smile2:

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Oh I know BW, but heck that is only a weeks worth for ya, LMAO!!!!! j/k....

15. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    You dog!!!! I hate you! LOL!!

I'd love to go and get some skips in truth... I never fished with them and would LOVE to give them a whirl down in Baldwin for sure. THOUGH... I can only use a few bags of these golden bait at a time! T he freezer won't permit me a long voyage!

If you go Randy... we must meet up. I will buy a fair chunk off of you and compensate your drive time there with $$$

16. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    give old boy a call, you cant beat the price and conveniance.end of june i am moveing to dover tn. ill have a guest cabin for visitors, no charge lol. right at the bottom of land between lakes. good turkey and deer to

17. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    We catch our own with a sabiki rig below the dams and down stream of the barges. You can Get plenty in the Illinois all summer long with a throw net if you're throwing in the right places. Although at times they can be mighty hard to get.

18. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    i belive it is againts illinois regs to catch skipjack in a throw net, not sure tho. might want to check that out

19. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    What isnt against the law in Illinois .

Welcome to the b.o.c. Chad .

I hear of fellas getting skips around Alton all the time . Thats still a bit of a drive but closer for sure . Maybe some of the fellas who go that way will give a secret or 5 ..... lol

I was fishing at Carlyle over the weekend and a guy walked up and asked if we wanted some bait . It was 4 skip jack about 10 inches each . It must have set in the sun all day after beinmg frozen cause it was mushy and tender . Never had any luck with it , but neither did all the other bait we had . PLUS it was below the spillway and that place has never done me justice .

20. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Tossing a net on a school of skippies is no easy task in itself...... them suckers are quick when that net is air-born....LOL.