Skipjack Trip = Big Success!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Sep 11, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Today ended up being a really good day. There was plenty of Skippies and good company. It started out Me and Ken and my Dad came down for a while and caught his first Skipjacks. That was really cool since we hadn't fished together in 10-12 years. Had a good time. Danny came down for a little while and caught a few also.
    Enough of that stuff....We caught a BUNCH of Skippies!!!:cool2: We ended up with 168 Skippies 4-14" long and 1 Carp about 10-12" and 1/2 of a 3-4lb Striper(LMAO!):crazy:. Ever heard of anybody catching a Carp on a Sabiki Rig? Me either but I did...LOL! I had witnesses to it also.:wink::smile2:
    The Striper was caught by a guy next to me and it got tangled up in my line. We both reeled it in so I asked him if we both got credit for it...He laughed and said yes. Thats how I caught a half a Striper.:wink::cool2:
    We ended up not doing any Catfishing because we were both wore plum out! We like to never got everything back up the hill, that was a rough walk.
    I'll throw in some pics from our day. Next time I bet we'll have more people show up!:wink:

SkipJack Trip 9-11-2008 010r.jpg

SkipJack Trip 9-11-2008 011r.jpg

SkipJack Trip 9-11-2008 012r.jpg

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    And a couple more...

SkipJack Trip 9-11-2008 005r.jpg

SkipJack Trip 9-11-2008 013r.jpg

SkipJack Trip 9-11-2008 004r.jpg

3. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    WTG John on your trip. Looks like ya got plenty of bait for awhile. Those cats better look out.

4. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    You have some great bait now!! Looks like a great trip. Way to go John!

5. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    John, Sounds like you had a great time and a good trip. Its great you had some time with you Dad . Plus you got some good bait for this winter. I doint have hardly any Skip Jacks close to me. Thanks for sharing your trip with us , and posting the photos. Good Luck with your Skipies

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Guys!!! It was great to finally fish with my Dad again. That part made my day! All the skips were just a bonus. Me and Ken had fished together a couple times, he's a great guy to fish with!:cool2:
    I don't know who was more wore out, me or Ken...:confused2::smile2: I know I'm sitting here plum wore out and can hardly move. Ken had about an hour and a half drive ahead of him, I'd say he's totally wore out also!
    Were definitely going to do this again, next time I'll post a thread again if anybody wants to join us then. Its a blast and I can't wait to go again! I still have plenty of room in my freezer...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG John. Glad you had a great trip.

8. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds and looks like a good trip. I would have sure rather been there than working all day but ya know.. Congrats..........

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    First Skippie trip big success :smile2: Ken i one worn out puppie. Got plenty of cat fish bait though. I'm still wonder if it's fare to catch carp on a Sabiki rig or not:confused2: Leave it to John to do something like that.:smile2:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    John you are right we are going to have to do it again. I got plenty of room in the freezer too, And there maybe a lot of fishing done this winter. Like i've always heard get it while the getting is good.:wink: It was defenetly good today:cool2:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You done real good Ken for your first trip for them!:wink::cool2:
    I'm shocked I caught that carp also, its gonna make some good cut bait!:wink: Still no idea why it hit it but he did and he's in my freezer now!:smile2:
    I'm so wore out its not funny....I just hope my back straightens up by Saturday. I had a blast but I'm paying a high price for it now!!!:sad2:
    Between my back, shoulder and this sunburn I'm pretty dang miserable..:embarassed:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Man wore out aint the word for it:smile2: I am miserable too, but in a good way. Havn't had that much fun in a long time.:smile2:You are defenetly a red neck tonight,you got burnt up.:sad2: Man that's a pile of skippies

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I wishyouuys took my skipping !:wink: Thats allight I know we got lines going out for each other sat. night :wink: Congrats onthe good dayto all !:smile2:

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Itwas the stinkbait ! :wink:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

May have been...:wink::smile2:
    I definitely am a redneck now! My neck looks like a lobster!!! Definitely was a fun trip though!:wink::cool2:

16. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    sounds like you had a blast i'll try to join you guys next time besides somebody has to test waters for flatty:smile2:

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Most fun a guy can have with his clothes on:wink: I had a blast,think I had John a little worried when I pulled out the 2nd skippie. It was about a foot long. Think he thought I was going to hog all the skippies.:smile2: WE sure did have a blast. Can't wait till the next trip now:wink::big_smile::smile2:

18. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad you guys had a great trip and a safe one ! Sometimes getting the bait is the hard part !

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Shoot, you caught the first couple. Both were good sized ones. I started catching the little ones after that. I was a little worried but glad they were there!!! I think I may live now, my back still hurts but a night of rest sure helped out!:wink:

20. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I thought I had ya worried that I was the only one going to catch any:wink: Glad your back is feeling better. I sure can whip up a rig to catch them things on can't I ????