skipjack run

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Nov 11, 2008.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    What do you guys think about a skipjack run this month? or Dec?

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    if ya wait until december might as well wait till sci fi in january.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You will have better luck if you wait until Jan/Feb. If you go sooner, keep us updated

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I will be posting up soon as I have details. I'm planning for as many Gateway Guys/Gals to attend Uncle Sci Fi as possible. For those of that attended last year, we sure had a blast. Food, Fellowship, and unlimited Skipjack Catching. :wink:

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    hopefully this year mrs. cuz will be feeling better on day 1.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Mrs Rat and I have got to make it this year for sure! We have put a contract on a house so hopefully we will have our own place real soon! I can't wait to get out of this apartment! :crazy:

7. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is Uncle Sci Fi?:embarassed:

8. catfishchris

State:
    missouri
  9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    They are alot of fun Chris. Maybe you can come down with us this year. This past year we had a buffet style breakfast, seminars from several folks, quite a few exhibitors including Steve from Catfish Safari and Aqua Lung, The Rod Shop, Tite Lock Rod Holders and many others. We followed up the banquet and gathering with some good ole fashioned SkipJack Fishing. Really was a Great time.

10. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    im headed out thrusday morn. to cumberland city to load up on skipjack. hope we do ok the wind is going to be 20 mph out of the north. il post up tomro. night tell ya if they are running.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Good Luck Russ. Let us know how you do buddy.

12. catfishchris

State:
    missouri
    Russ, how was the skipjack fishing???

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    jerry and i went to cumberland city today looking for a very rare catfish bait SKIPJACK.... :smile2: we got there about 8:30 this morn. and we left about 12:30 we only got a little over four hundred. we were getting them as fast as you could cast out. most of the time we got two at a time. useing white curly tails. so if you need some of this rare catfish bait i would head down there, they are running real good now.

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    how big were they running down there? they have been really small here 4" to 8" here..

15. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    most were about 12-141nches long just the right size. we did get some that was close to two pounds.

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I like the 4 to 8 inch ones better than the big ones myself..
    Hey a word of advise to anyone going to sci fi's this year.. If you take Dan along with you make sure you have a pickup.. His cooler leaks and you'll never get the smell of skipjack out of your carpet... hehehe.. Sorry Dan I just had to do it.. Make sure you take more ice chests than you think you will need or you'll have to do like Cuz did and buy out Walmart when you get there.. I'm planning on staying longer this time, no more overnight trips, I missed most of the fun.. And it'll be my 1 year anniversary this year.. When I got back from it last time the wife had moved out and made me single again.. This year we need to have more people than the Kentucky folks do at it.. So if at all possible plan to attend.. Hey Bob, you old fart do you need a map to get there, I know how forgetful you are getting.. Don't forget to write the day on your calender with your crayon..

17. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Mr. Eric Simcox said they will be having the Uncle Sci Fi event in February ... the date is still pending

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I am going to check with branden and see if he wants to run over there together,Do you need a boat ? or can you catch them from the bank?

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    What do you need to catch them?