SkipJack Run at CC - They are hittin!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SmokinBarrel, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    I just got back from making a run for Skips Saturday and today (Sunday) (9th & 10th).

Saturday - It was tough, but I managed to catch 26 (plus an additional 21 from another guy) (47 total)
    Sunday - Tore em up! In fact, I have way to many (76 total) I could of caught another 30 - 50 if I stayed until dark. I think I and another brother almost started a riot - we were pulling em out just about every cast.

If anyone is interested I need to get rid of some to free up freezer space. In fact, I have roughly 30 in the back of my truck frozen solid and vacuum sealed. I have no room in the freezer. Also, I need to let some go so I can free up one rack in my freezer. The freezer is 20 cu ft., and fills up fast. It is hard to stop once they're biting. Currently, I put the total at 156 Skipjack that I have on-hand.

I am not seeling for a profit, just charging for the vacuum bag, and cover "your portion" of gas. Again, all are vacuum sealed. If anything at least the 30 in the back of my truck needs to go, or they stay in the truck and get warm. $1.50 / skippy. Is that reasonable?

Preferably if you can pick them up tomorrow before warm weather hits.

In summary:
    1. Roughly 30 - 35 minimum needs to go (in bed of my truck - vacuum sealed)
    2. Roughly another 20 - 35 needs to go to free up one shelf.

Just shoot me a private message if you're interested. I hate to see them go to waste.

By the way, it worked out great, the ones I caught today were almost frozen by the time I got home. Heck, I ran out of cooler space, so I just tossed em in the bed of the pickup....instant freeze - practically!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    nice catch dennis. wish I had that problem....LOL I can not move on them but I think you will find someone quick.

3. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    Wish i could take some but i'm on the other side of the
    state. Kickin myself in the a$$ fore not frezzing some gills.

4. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dennis, where or what is CC?

Larry

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That is not only a great sounding trip you made, but an even great offer. Very nice of you.

6. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Nice catch dennis,
    thats the trip were looking to have.

7. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good deal ! 1.50 a skip is half price of what the bait shops here in MO charge.

they are 6bucks for 2 in a bag at bluff city and others.

8. kycatfish

kycatfish New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    wow 1.50 i wish i lived near you i would buy everyone you have extra. They are about 2.00 lb here where i live.

9. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
  10. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ditto.

11. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
  12. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank ya Smokin Barrell sir. Was beginning to think I'd committed an internet faux pas in axing; as in newbie, internet scouting, etc., especially after only the initials were used.

I have caught em unintentionally on the Miss R fishing for whites; now watch, I go there TO catch em & can't. But with the boatload he caught, worth the trip.