Skipjack Question

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by jason berry, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    when do these fish run around the dam? What time of year. I was catching them until a week or so ago at Newburgh Dam. What do you guys use to catch the bigger ones. Do you catch a lot at one time and just freeze them for the whole year. Im out right now and I dont know how to get any more. where can I get them right now and in the beginning of spring. id really appreciate your help. Im new to blue fishing and I have been doing really well with these skipjack.

2. josh caudill

josh caudill New Member

State:
    kentucky,hartford
    Dont give up we can find more in newburgh:wink:

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    theres a bait shop or 2 in evansville i think that sells them ... buddy of mine if i recall right .. bought some at one of them ... i think he said the one on riverside and 41 ill do some diggin if youd like and find out if he has them

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If you've got the space and the money, buying a small freezer just for your bait is an excellent idea. You can buy a new one for about $150, so a used one shouldn't run over $50-$75. I bought a 7 cubic foot, and that lets me catch and store plenty of skipjack for the year.

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I got the freezer I put a 150 in there tonight. I found a spot right by the house to catch my skipjack Im a happy camper.