Skipjack on Lake Chickamauga

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by stumpjumper, Oct 11, 2007.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Any advice on where to find Skipjack on Chickamauga this time of year?

Thanks

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Marc, they should be running below the dam about now. You can catch them at Nickajack also below the dam. They have been very plentiful this year and with the water cooling off they should really be running good.

3. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    You better get them quick....They are leaving out below Guntersville Dam in North Alabama, and in my experience....when they start leaving they dont come back till spring.....I'am sure until the water temp's drop down below 60 you can still get some around the dam's....but they will be few and far between.

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Mike, we were at the dam there at Guntersville last Thursday and we didn't see but just a few skips then. We haven't been back down to Nickajack in a while so we don't know how they are doing there now. About three weeks ago they were everywhere though.

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I really appreciate everyone's advice. My wife and I loaded up this past weekend below Chickamauga. We had a blast and it looks like we got to them just in time!