Skipjack on cloudy days

Discussion in 'Skipjack Herring' started by o'boro cat hunter, Apr 6, 2009.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Can you catch the skipper on cold cloudy days.Any help would be great.Thanks Aaron

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i would have to say yes. one of the best bays billcatfish and i had catching them lastyear was during a stormy, nasty day and i know he got a couple hundred yesterday at kentucky dam between the rainshowers... good luck

3. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I've caught them in all sorts of weather. Good luck!:smile2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have found that they can be caught under cloudy or dark skies or darker waters by using different color jigs. I like chartreuse or chart/black.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've caught skipjack on cloudy, rainy, and snowy days, but I definitely thing bright sunshiny days are best. Just the opposite for stripers. They seem to prefer the darker, overcast days, but I've caught them on bright days too.
    While fish may have their preferences, if they're hungry, they're gonna eat.

6. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The day i caught this blue i am holding i had started out with bought cut bait and caught a 3lb cat and was throwing to white jigs and caught 2 skipjack and changed to fresh cut skipjack was not long til bamp he was on.all of this took place on a cloudy day. "if you dont have a hook in the water you want catch anything. "

7. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    On cloudy days I like to catch skips on a flyrod they hit on top better.