skipjack in kansas city

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kc_catfishing, Mar 18, 2009.

1. kc_catfishing

kc_catfishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    Do anyone know where i can get or buy some skipjack in kansas city ? :cool2:

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Forty Woods Bait and Tackle in Blue Springs used to sell them. THey're at the intersection of 40 Highway and Woods Chapel Road. Chris

3. kc_catfishing

kc_catfishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for ur info ,

4. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Minnesota Bait at 11th and Minnesota in KCK has them also.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    If you buy from a bait shop, be sure you're getting what you think you are...

There was a local shop a couple of years selling "Skipjack" -- not skipjack herring that you want, but skipjack TUNA -- a saltwater fish that's worthless as bait around here...

My advice: Get online and find out what a Skipjack Herring looks like and make sure that's what you're buying.

6. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA

ahh men mr. t...i had some of that STUFF shipped in and it was crap! did nothing mor ethan cost me money and take up room in my freezer!

7. kc_catfishing

kc_catfishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    i heard that u got use a fresh skipjack because the 1 in freezer dont really work good , iz that right ?

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Fresh is probably best, but skipjack is so rare in this area (Kansas City) that fresh just isn't an option.

9. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was talking to guy the other day and he said that there's a Chinese Fish market down in The River Market area that sells Skip Jack. That the first time I've heard that, but maybe its worth a try.

10. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    as was previously stated make sure that your getting skipjack herring and NOT skipjack tuna. both are referred to as "skipjack".