Skipjack in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by boliver, Apr 7, 2006.

1. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    been fishing below l &d 13 three times this week caught a couple of fair cat first two times nothing but drum today. i watch a guy really catching skip jack though he was catching two at a time several times befor i left there were three people fishing for them and all doing pretty fair i would guess the one guy caught fourty or fifty in the 2 hrs i was there.mostly a little under to just over a lb. i'll be there tomarrow.

2. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    i went this morning they run some water through the generators the skipjack went wild i caught 50 in 45 minutes.WOW that was fun tried catfishing only caught 2 drum but i didnt stay very long

3. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i have been several times for catfish and havent done much good mostly drum but i cleaned a couple the last of last week and they were full of eggs some blood ib sacks not much things should really pick up in next couple of weeks if they will run any water for extended period of time.while i was fishibf for skippies sundaya boy caught a six or seven lb. cat and another on chicken liver right beside me. i have never caught anything on liver at 13. i need to learn something. lots of luck big b