skipjack hunting

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Feb 25, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    anyone have info where i may be able to catch some skips around owensboro area.thanks alot:big_smile::big_smile:eek:ur is it to early.

2. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    good luck if you find any here let us no.i well make a trip soon to tenns.
    that the place there at.if the water goes down you may try spottsville or alcoa water out let.

3. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    glad to see more from owensboro i think there's 3 of us now

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    have you ever caught them at the alcoa discharge? i have never caught them in there....

5. catman from owensboro

State:
    ky
    ya not alot but i have got some there haven't fish that way much .big a i no you fish around there alot.dan kitch told me to get with you on some spots. i'm going to fish that area alot this spring and summer and try to bust my pb.if you got some pointer for me pm me.thanks adam

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    if run into to some skips before i do let me know maybe we can workout something out and i will do the same for you. thanks alot :smile2:need me some skips.

7. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Plenty of skipjacks below Canelton dam and Newburg dam. A couple small white jigs or small roostertail ussually produce well.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    when was the last time you caught them at the dams? not recently..???

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i got plenty in the freezer I'll hook you up if you pay shipping or just pm and stop by and pick a few bags up.i dont mind to help a brother in need.

10. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Saw some guys with a really long handled dip net scooping them up where the water was going over the wall. Just the other day. They were fishing from the bank in the flooded willows and doing well from what they told me.