Skipjack Fishing

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by mississippi man, Apr 12, 2006.

1. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I found an interesting article on skipjack fishing with pics find it to be a great read for the newbies to skipjack fishing like myself. It is kinda diffucult to get to but it is worth it. You can get there by going to http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/index then go to the left side of page under home a drop box will appear, click columnists, at the top of the next page it will say "more columnists" the first columnists on the left side you will click more kieth sutton columns the next page on the right side Click more kieth sutton columns 2002 the next page on the left side 17 click the simple joys of nailing skippies and there you are. hope you all find this a great read as I did. let me know what you think.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

3. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    ^^^beat me to it...
    Great article, I'm gonna have to go try and get some at the mouth of the Platte river, since the closest dam is like 120 miles north.

4. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Thanks alot I was trying to find an easier way but I'm not too skilled at this yet. did you like the column?

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Was fairly informative, Makes for good reading.

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Hey Mazdabob, let me know how the skipjack fishing goes there Platte/Missouri confluence. Myself and TA2D have been wanting to get a hold of some Skipjacks since this last summer.

SudDawg

7. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    Interesting article.

I love going up to Foster damn or down to Markland damn and catch Skipjack. It is truly a special treat when the big ones are in.

Thanks for the article.