Skipjack - can a person sell them in Ohio?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by misterwhisker, Nov 15, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Can i person sell skips????

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I believe you can. I know that they are available in some bait shops along the river.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    almost positive you need some sort of license to sell them LEGALLY....:wink:

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I agree

5. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have some I would trade for something like silver dollars. No mail orders.

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    im pretty confident you can sell bait without any permit, as long as it isnt live bait fish .. you thought they were dead right?:eek:oooh:

7. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorry My good Catfish buddy but if you get caught selling any kind of bait without a bait license you will be in trouble. I would say chances are slim you will be caught but if the warden catches ya you will get a hefty fine. Yes this is frozen baits to. As a matter of fact according to my local warden I (or you) can only bulk stock so much "bait" before you have to have a bait vendors license which is not very expensive at all! For less that $100 dollars you can have a license. Was told that by my local bait dealer. Just for instance I know that if my deep freeze was to be checked right now and they saw all the mooneye and skipjack I have I would be required to have a bait vendors license evan though im not vending. I absolutely think that is bullcrap but it came straight from the horses (Allen Write, local head game warden) mouth. Maybe he is full of crap but 2 year ago he was voted Game warden of the year. Not in Ohio but the world!!!!! He got this by cathin a group of approx. 40 people in a deer poaching ring which he busted close to the brown/adams county line. Basically he said no person can stockpile any type of foreage fish which he named off to be shad/mooneye/skipjack etc. I didnt tell him about my freezer:wink:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He's reading it now on here probably.. lol:smile2::crazy: rollo

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    He is the state regulation on the amount of bait you can have.

BAIT It is unlawful for any person except licensed bait dealers to possess more than 100 crayfish or in combination 500 crayfish, minnows, and other bait fish. A bait dealer's permit is required of persons buying or selling minnows, crayfish, and hellgrammites. This permit may be obtained from any wildlife district office.