Skipjack at KY Dam?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GUP, Jun 26, 2008.

1. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    How's all the Kentucky fisherman doing? Good I hope. I an asking for your help. My buddy and I are threatening to make a trip to get some skipjack behind Kentucky Lake Dam. What kind of luck would we have around say mid July??? A bunch of guys from Gateway cats went down and did well this spring. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    GUP

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You should be able to catch all the skipjacks you want then. Just about on any given day of the year......you can catch them there!!!!! Also Barkley Dam is just a couple miles from there too.:eek:oooh:

3. Gary C

Gary C New Member

State:
    ky
    I was below the dam at Barkley yesterday7-16
    got there about 5 o'clock in the afternoon , didn't have a cast net with me , so i tried to catch skip jack with a rod and reel, using a 1/8 ounce jig head with a white curly tail crappie jig , caught one nearly every cast, you could have caught all you wanted, only problem is carrying them back up the bank to the vehicle...

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I'll be @ barkley this weekend !:big_smile: Maybe run into some boc members anyone have a fishing report for the dam or elsewhere north end o lake? I haven't put any fish in the freezer yet and all the little Lance's are hungry some fish . Maybe the canal ? Any suggestions?