Skipjack at Cheatam Dam?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Tackle_Shack, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Tackle_Shack

Tackle_Shack New Member

State:
    Tn
    Anyone been catching any skipjack at Cheatam Dam or been seeing them jumping at the shad? Thinking about running up there soon.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Let me know I haven't heard of any anywhere for months,

3. Tackle_Shack

Tackle_Shack New Member

State:
    Tn
    I'm running up there Friday after work, I'll keep the board posted

4. Tackle_Shack

Tackle_Shack New Member

State:
    Tn
    Well guys, they are there, went up there Friday and caught 40, went a couple days later and caught 21, went last night and caught 8. Its a hit or miss i guess.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Any size to them or are they just the small ones???

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Were you in a boat and I was wondering if you were out there about sunset or was it daytime? Thanks

7. Tackle_Shack

Tackle_Shack New Member

State:
    Tn
    Well at first i was just catching the big ones, now the smaller ones are biting, I caught over 150 the other day, as far as the time, doesnt seem to matter they been biting all day, maybe a little better at sunrise but not much and yes I was in my bass boat.

8. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the advice I'll be down that way next week fish Chicamauga & Watts Bar. I hope to get on some good fish.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the advice if I can find out how to get to cheatam I may run out there tommorrow or friday. Is cheatam considered lock b or is that another area? . Well I am going to run up there in the next few days will let everyone know how is goes.

10. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, My son and I went to Pickwick on Sat and caught as Many skips as you would possibly want! We got there about 6:30 and left at 11:30. They averaged about 1 1/2 lbs apiece. I think Ive got enough bait to last me till the new year anyway! We were fishing from the bank. I hope this helps!:wink:

11. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I got my skips in the freezer but i figure each one cost me about 10 bucks after gas and a hefty speeding ticket from and butthole of a cop in a speed trap and what do ya know it was the last day of the month too, what a kwinker dink ,anyways got close to a hundred so I am good to go thanks for the tips.