Skipjack at Barkley and Kentucky Dams

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman from owensboro, Feb 27, 2007.

1. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    does anyone no if the skips are at barkley or ky dam yet. it may save me a drive thanks adam

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    i dont know about there but was down at cummberland city 15 an got about 1 1/2 cooler fulls they were hitting slow but had a blast catching them

3. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    I was just there this last Saturday (03/03/07). I went to KY first, then to Barkley. I didn't get a single hit. Even the shad, that are usually so abundant, were absent. Both lakes are letting out above average amounts of water. Not sure what was going on, but it wasn't a good fishing day for me.

It was cold and VERY windy with overcast and a few flurries. I was there from 8am until Noon, then decided I'd had enough for the day.

4. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    this may or may not be the reason for the amount of water they are releasing.. one of the dams above the cumberland river is releasing a lot of water here in TN.. they are expecting it to break so that have to try and get the water level as low as possible.. again this may or may not be the reason.

5. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
  6. dsweet

dsweet New Member

State:
    Michigan
    This dam is being worked on and it may take years to fix. They have to keep it low to do the work so I would expect more current throughout the entire system. Hopefully the Skipjack will get used to it.

7. dsweet

dsweet New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I will be at Ky Dam on the morning of the 31st to try for Skipjack. Is that usually a good time of year?

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    It will be a while before there are any skipjack at either Ky or Barkley.:smile2: