Skipjack at any local baitshops?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know of any baitshops in the St. Louis area that sells skipjack? Bought some from Craigslist,before I realized it was illegal..So I need to find some more for a buddy of mine..Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!! :tounge_out:

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know..Talked to a few people and said buying Skipjack from a person is illegal..Something about being a gamefish..You have to buy from a licensed baitshop? Maybe I am wrong?

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    never heard of that, not saying its wrong info just never heard of skipjack being illegal to buy from someone without a license to sell it. i dont see skipjack listed as game fish in the mo fisheries magazine either. the person you bought them from on craigslist gets them from tenesse, if its the same guy i used to buy them from. so i dont know how they could be illegal, even if mo had them as a game fish they are not from this state. also never seen a set limit on skips.
    if you want some advice, go down to pickwick. its about 5.5 hours from stl. you can catch monster blues, and fill a large cooler with skips as i did, and be set for bait for a while. hell ive even given a bunch away, so i could go back down there and catch more skips. i think they are super fun to catch on sibiki rigs down by the dam at pickwick.

5. LloydTheFisherman

LloydTheFisherman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The local bait shop on HWY 367 in St. Louis, MO has some. I was in there the guy says he sells out fast so call before you go there. Real nice guy and says he is a river rat and catfish fanatic. The name of it is 367 Baits I believe tell him Lloyd sent you from the internet.

6. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Appreciate the help Lloyd...I called my guy from CL ...He has about 17 lbs left..I will get it from him...He is cheap! And thank you MadCatter...

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    The bait shop just off of 64 on 94 had some a couple months ago.Don't know if they still do.Think it's called Highway 94 Baitshop.

8. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    hell, the bait shop a busch also carries them from time to time.

9. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go check these guys out 6 bucks for a very nice size bag....They always have them in stock man.Even Fresh Herring...NO one in st louis has that! im not talkin frozen i mean FRESH on ice ..

Steve&Jim.

367 Bait Shop
    11841 Benham Rd
    Saint Louis, MO 63138
    314-653-1377

10. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri

Yup thats Steve....

11. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Judy's Baitshop in Arnold has it from time to time also.
    3619 Telegraph Rd.
    Arnold, MO 63010
    636-467-2729