Skipjack at Alton

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Rockin' Blues, May 31, 2007.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Went to Alton yesterday and the skippies are there,only problem is getting out there to get them-good spots were taken and nobody was givin them up.we got there about 4.30pm and it was about 7.00 before we could get on the really good spot-a little point that goes out,you had to get in about 6 inches of water to get there and stand in the water but that is the spot.We watched 3 guys that had that spot when we got there fill some cooler's up.When they left we jumped in there and got about 10 before the sun went down and they quit.Going to try to get out there the next couple of days.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    could you get that spot with a boat Ron? I need to stock up on some skips for the Cabelas event in quincy next weekend.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thanks for the info
    I'm going out there saturday, and try to stock up

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    John,yes there was a guy in a boat getting them and you would be better off in a boat.

5. OlDrum

OlDrum New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Skipjacks were there yesterday May 30th. There were several folks there loading them up too, just like Rock'n Blues said.
    :006:

6. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I need help catching these things bad! Were they getting them on Sabiki rigs, or something else? I need help locating and catching these things.

Do you catch them from the bank? Like....right off the boat ramp?

I'll be there in a boat Saturday, and I'd love to know the secret to catching them there.

7. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    YES, JOHN YOU CAN AND BETTER IN A BOAT THEN ON THE BANK.HEY,WHEN ARE WE GOING FISHING.JASON(KATFISHFOOL) JUST TOOK FIRST IN THE LAST TOURNEY UP AT ALTON.

8. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    LET ME KNOW WHAT TIME ARE YOU GOING AND I'LL TRY TO HELP YOU CATCH SOME SKIPPPPIES.YOU CAN KEEP ALL THE ONES I CATCH.I JUST NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'll be back in town next week. I'll bring the boat up to Alton. I'm needn sum skips bad lol ......Hope all is well.

10. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Let me know when you go John.. I might just go with ya. I just got in a new pole designed for skippys..

11. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    hey, john pm me and let me know when you go out or i 'll give you some:cool2:

12. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    teamwhiskers, i am curios where this picture was taking?

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Cuz, if you and Vince head up here to Alton, let me know as I would love to get together with you guys! Let me know!

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    You guys still in the skips?

15. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Haven't tried for em in a couple weeks, I don't know about anyone else. Got about 50 vacuum sealed in the freezer. Hope thats enough.

16. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone having any luck for skippys lately?